3:30am
Rain is pounding down, can't sleep. I think it is being in this plywood castle. Not terribly windy out there yet. Will read for a bit and try to sleep some more.
7:30am
Woke up to GREAT news. Geoff was up at 6am and lo and behold the New York Times Sunday paper was at the front door. No rain, so he went out and retrieved it before it got deluged. I absolutely have to have the Sunday Times Crossword with me when I get on a plane. I was really starting to freak when I realized Miss Irene would screw up my delivery. Big tip this Xmas. Still no rain, lots of wind coming from the East (which is not the ocean side, which is better for us) blowing at around 28-30 now. So far we still have power, water, phone and we are still flushing!
Noon
Still nothing to get excited about. Winds up to 30-40mph. Waiting for the high tide at around 8pm
4pm
Lost power a few times within the last hour or so. This last time might be it for the duration. Winds are around 22 gusting to 35 with a beaufort 5. Wind has come around now and is blowing from the south which is kicking up the waves. Guess we will have to finish our movie tomorrow - back to bananagrams looking out on our plywood view.
8pm
10:30
We are tucked into bed with our headlamps and books. Folks have been calling all night and we are pleased to say we are doing just fine. Goodnight Irene!
Next time...The Big Clean Up

No comments:
Post a Comment
Type your message in box. Go down to COMMENT AS - hit arrow and choose your account or just click on NAME (ignore URL)or ANONYMOUS and hit POST COMMENT. You should see "Your comment was published".
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.